Work experience is one of the most important links between employers and schools/colleges. It provides an opportunity for young people to experience first-hand (and often for the first time) what happens in a working environment.
Our dedicated team work closely with students to understand their interests in order to match them with a placement opportunity. We successfully placed nearly 1000 students last year and 78% of them reported a significant increase in their Employability Skills following their placement. This is testament to the quality of our process and the real and tangible difference employers can make to students.
We manage all aspects of the work experience placement process to make it very simple for any business, of any size, in any sector to provide a placement for a young person. From pre-placement health and safety visits to preparing placement descriptions for students, we’ll guide you every step of the way to set the placement up for success.
Benefits to your business include:
- Supporting your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) objectives
- Raised profile and engagement with schools and colleges in your local area
- Influencing and inspiring our future workforce
- Finding potential employees
- Developing and motivating members of staff with the responsibility of managing the student
Benefits to young people include:
- Increased motivation, confidence, communication and social skills
- Career inspiration
- Awareness of the working environment
- Organisational skills
- Possibility of a part-time job or apprenticeship
- Development of positive attitudes to work
We source placements for students of different ages with a wide range of interests who are studying a variety of courses/subjects. Placements range in length from a week block placement to extended placements over a longer period. We therefore look for suitable placements across all sectors throughout the year. So please get in touch to register your interest in offering work experience placements.
Contact Julia Hallam, in our Work Experience Team, for a chat about the placement opportunities your business can provide.
Phone: 01635 279906 or email us